A MEAL AT METRO CAFE AND GRILLS ABUJA

If you're looking for a place to eat in Abuja, Nigeria, then Metro Cafe & Grills located in Wuse II is a great idea. After all, when it comes down to things to do in Abuja, going somewhere to have good food is the most common thing to do. 

 MENU
Pricing was standard. I found the drinks to be a bit pricey ( I can't pay 1,500 Naira for lemonade) A review by Dear Salmah however noted that the Lemonade was good. I felt there wasn't much variety though especially when considering meals priced between 2,000-3,000 because the plan was to get a meal, a drink and dessert with a budget of 5,000 Naira. I usually check a restaurants pricing by how much water and soft drinks are sold and it was reasonable for me guys. Water and Soft drinks are sold at just 200 Naira.






AMBIANCE
I loved it guys. The restaurant is divided into three sections actually.There is a cafe area, a proper restaurant dining area (pictured below) which offers a view of the kitchen (which I thought was cool). And an outdoor lounge spot which would be great for chilling in the nighttime and is was my favorite spot as I loved the decor, comfy seats and found it so aesthetically pleasing


Outdoor at Metro Cafe

Restaurant at Metro Cafe


FOOD
My friend and I ordered a beef and chicken burger which cost 2,000 Naira each and then fries which cost 500 Naira. The French fries was the only available side dish to go with the burger. And let me tell you it was all worth the money. Seriously guys! Those fries were some of the best I've ever tasted here in Abuja, even much better than the ones at KFC (my friend agreed too). The burger was good too and we definitely got value for our money, we struggled so much we had to use cutlery to eat. 


Beef Burger and Fries (2,500 Naira)


 For drinks my friend ordered a Cinderella which she said was good. I was a little confused with the complimentary starter of bread and olive oil, I didn't understand as it was my first time seeing such a dish. Can anyone relate?

Cinderalla Drink (1,500 Naira)

                                                SERVICE
Impressive and rare. You know when the service is so good that you just have to tip, well that was our experience. Our lovely waiter kept checking if we needed anything. She smiled all through too. They allowed us to take pictures of everything! This spot is definitely blogger friendly guys.


                                     OVERALL THOUGHTS

Out total bill was 7,590 Naira with a service and VAT charge of 690 Naira. So a budget of 2,000-3,000 is enough to feed one person.  Metro Cafe gets a 8/10 for me. I enjoyed my outing there and will definitely be going back. 

                                              PLUS:

Heard there was free Wifi on request, didn't ask but will do next time around.


Metro cafe is located at No 43 Libreville crescent, Wuse II, Abuja. Do let me know if you stop by.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

WEEKEND CHILL OUT ZONES IN ABUJA

LIFE IN NIGERIAN LAW SCHOOL